Melbourne based and eco-focused, Szade sunglasses are not only 100% recyclable...but they're made with recycled sunglasses too. Here's how it works...
1) discarded, broken, faulty and obsolete sunglasses that were destined for landfill are collected.
2) they then break the collected sunnies into thousands of tiny pieces.
3) These little pieces are then fed into a ‘szade rejuvenation machine’, and are polished and formed into pea-size pellets.
4) the pellets are coloured and heated inside the szade moulds and begin to look like a brand new pair of recycled sunnies.
5) The szade team then lovingly hand assemble and polish the sunnies one by one.
6) The szades are then packed into their cases and are ready to wear
7) Their frames are 100% recyclable. Simply pop out your lenses and place your szade frame into any household or commercial recycling unit.