Bali sunnies are like cellophane on your eyeballs.
Although there's a dark tint in the lenses, their UV protection is absolutely nothing.
In fact, it's worse than nothing.
Think about kuta cheapies like this
- If you wear NO SUNNIES AT ALL on a sunny day, your eyes naturally squint...this is good.
- Naturally squinting blocks out the sun and the bad stuff (simple human evolution...what we're made to do)
- So the Bali specials actually trick your eyeballs to relax and dilate your pupil - then opening the mechanics of your eye right up.
- Unfiltered UV radiation then cooks your (now relaxed) eyeball.
Essentially...crappy sunglasses burn your eye's.
This is not a sales pitch, and while yes we'd be stoked to ship you out some of our 100% UVA/UVB sunnies...this is more about letting you know we all really have two options:
- Wearing no sunnies at all
- Wear 100% UVA/B protective lenses.
So give your friends the heads up if they persist on bad sunnies.
Now go & enjoy the sunshine out there!